Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) CBT Centre Requirements For Approval For 2017/2018 Session
This message is to all the business man/woman that have Computer Base Test Centre (CBT) and wish his/her centre to be approval by jamb.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has approved new requirements for accreditation of centres for the conduct of the 2017/2018 Computer Based Test (CBT).
Existing and intending CBT Centres should follow these strict guidelines from JAMB.
JAMB COMPUTER BASE TEST (CBT) GUIDELINES REQUIREMENTS
- 250 functional Desktop Computer systems or laptops with 10% (i.e 25) backups.
- Provision of individual cubicle with minimum length of 26 inches, breadth of 18 inches and height of 18 inches and appropriate seat for each system.
- Minimum 15 inches flat screen Computer monitor for desktop or 17 inches for laptop.
- The computer systems must be connected to a robust computer server with a capacity to carry 250 systems concurrently.
- All the computer systems must be linked together on Cable Local Area Network topology (LAN). (Wireless Computer connection is not allowed).
- Adequate security and minimum of five (5) technical personnel and one network engineer
- Availability of back-up power supply (power generating set of minimum 40kva for a centre with 250 systems; 60 kva for 350 systems and 100kva for above 350 systems) and UPS/ inverters that can carry all systems for a minimum of two (2) hours.
- The centre must be adequately fenced.
- Provision must be made for a holding room or reception facility e.g canopy with chairs, etc.
- The centre must not be in shared premises such as cinema hall, shopping mall, market, etc.
- Availability of adequate and functional air-conditioners and lighting.
- Provision of up to date Antivirus and all the systems must be virus free.
- Minimum of Windows 7 or higher version of windows operating system.
- IP Camera (CCTV) is compulsory for all CBT centers (Specification to be given by JAMB).
- For more information visit Here.
Hope you enjoy reading this post for question,request.etc leaves a comment in the spaces provided.