University of Sheffield Scholarships for International Students in UK & Nigerian 2017
The University of Sheffield is offering range of scholarships to students of high academic ability. University of Sheffield Scholarships are open to all international undergraduate students starting their studies in September 2017.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School, Firth College and Sheffield Technical School.
Students must be proficient in written and spoken English, normally demonstrated by grade C or above in GCSE English Language or an acceptable English language qualification.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for studying the subjects offered by the university.
Arts International Scholarships: The scholarships are worth £2,000 per year each.
Engineering International Scholarships:The scholarships are worth £2,500 per year each.
Science International Scholarships: The scholarships are worth £2,500 per year each.
Law International Scholarships: The scholarships are worth £2,000 per year each.
International Merit Undergraduate Scholarships: Merit Undergraduate Scholarships are worth 50% of the annual undergraduate tuition fee.
International Merit Undergraduate Scholarships (China, India, Latin America): Merit Undergraduate Scholarships are worth 50% of the annual undergraduate tuition fee.
International Baccalaureate Merit Undergraduate Scholarships: Each scholarship is worth 50% of the annual undergraduate tuition fee.
Advanced Placement (AP) Merit Undergraduate Scholarships: Each scholarship is worth 50% of the annual undergraduate tuition fee.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Applicants must hold an offer of a study place and begin undergraduate studies in September 2017.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- The scholarships will be awarded unconditionally in the first year of study. You can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- Students must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
Nationality: International students can apply for undergraduate scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: All courses require students to achieve certain grades in their qualifications, and some require prior study and knowledge of specific subjects. Individual course entry requirements are available in our online undergraduate prospectus at:
English Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in written and spoken English, normally demonstrated by grade C or above in GCSE English Language or an acceptable English language qualification.
How to Apply: All applications for undergraduate courses should be submitted via the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). The UCAS code for the University of Sheffield is S18 SHEFD. There is no campus code.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for University is January 15, 2017.