MTN Nigeria Accountant Financial Operations Recruitment 2017 – Apply Now.
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant, Financial Operations
Core purpose of the Job
- To account for all company-wide Financial Operations activities (Fixed Assets, Revenue Management, Expenditure Operations, Business Support and General Ledger), support various divisions on financial issues and maintain commercial relationships with external stakeholders
- Review relevant general ledger accounts (Income statement and Balance Sheet), the Age analysis of Balance Sheet accounts, relevant general ledger/sub- ledger accounts, reconciliation of weekly and monthly performance reports, relevant schedules and reports for accuracy and completeness in line with set accounting standards.
- Review and approve journal vouchers and other financial transactions for posting in ERP systems.
- Supervise the implementation of finance policies, processes and procedures and ensure strict adherence to established internal controls, MTN PPP’s, IFRS, IAS and GAAP.
- Work with Financial Operations Manager to prepare departmental budgets and provide support in daily unit administrative activities in line with the strategic objectives.
- Provide input into relevant management and board papers, review supporting documents/back up schedules to meet audit and regulatory requirements as well as analyse/interpret data to facilitate decision making.
- Ensure efficient optimisation of databases/systems and prompt resolution of all reconciling items.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators in order to meet all month end reporting deadlines.
- Oversee daily operations of the department as well as safeguard company assets and maintain customer/vendor relationships.
- Coach and train direct reports to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and identify opportunities for team members.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- Open plan office.
- A first Degree/ HND in any discipline, but a finance and management related degree is desirable.
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a finance function.
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in core accounting function
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience in using an ERP system is desirable
- Experience in Finance functions in the telecommunications industry would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online